Tuesday, April 24, 2007

RSS to the rescue!

I love RSS since syndication is the shiznit. My father-in-law loves to get his news straight from Italian and Spanish sources, and when he's home he's got his bookmarks, but when he wanted to get his daily fix at our house, he spent too much time hunting for the sites. (He doesn't know about delicious...) Anyway, I tried to tell him about feeds and feed readers, but as soon as I started, I realized my defining vocabularly was too technical. I may as well have been speaking Greek, although he might have understood that!

So I was glad to see this today....


There are two types of Internet users, those that use RSS and those that don't. This video is for the people who could save time using RSS, but don't know where to start.


I think the production value could have been better (have you seen those UPS ads?!) but beggars can't be choosers. I'll stick this in front of him then get him onto Google Reader.