Thursday, April 24, 2008

I just gained a free year's subscription to Encyclopaedia Britannica!

moon TV

Free feels nice. Now, time to use it. Bloggers, some who can't even spell EB, are now going to be able to link to full articles. Will there spelling improve? Where?

My first link into the secret sauce is the article on Computer Programming Lanaguages.

Those of you who know a thing or two about computer programming languages, let me know what you think of the quality of EB's article. In the comments, please.

Notes: Before tonight I hadn't seen EB's new interface. It's slick, but the scroll bar was hard to locate...weren't intuitive enough for me. Coulda, shoulda, woulda been better if it was simpler.

Oh, for all us non-programmers, lolcat yerself some photos! (thanks Harmless!)

Update: Looks like http://www.britannica.com/bps/home is the fancy pants new interface I saw when I logged into my hot new free EB account. However, that may not be what the public will see: my Google Co-op search results for Britannica (kinda nice to have) take me to http://www.britannica.com/ which I shall now refer to as Old Ugly B.